ROBERT’S LEMON CHICKEN FRANCAISE
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp chives, fine chop
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
½ cup white wine
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp capers (optional)
2 tbsp butter
¼ cup parsley, chopped
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and cover them with plastic wrap. Pound the chicken with a flat mallet until they about ¼-inch thick.
- Place the flour in a shallow pan and season with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the chopped chives and parmesan cheese.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the seasoned flour, then dip them in the egg mixture. Place the egg-coated chicken in the skillet and saute 2 to 3 minutes on both sides until golden brown. Continue to cook until no pink remains; the meat should be white all the way through. Set aside.
- Add the wine and lemon juice to the same pan and simmer for 5 minutes to reduce. Roll the butter in some flour and add it to the pan. Turn the heat down and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Add the capers (if desired) and parsley once the butter has melted.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and spoon the sauce on top of the chicken. Place the chicken on a platter and spoon the sauce on top of the chicken and serve family style.
PROTEIN: 42 G
FAT: 22 G
CARBS: 18 G