Slow cooked—and worth the wait.
By Robert Irvine
1.5 lbs. pork tenderloin
2-3 whole cloves
2 tbsp. smokey spice seasoning
1 red onion, sliced thin
1 cup water
6 oz. bbq sauce
Salt and pepper
- Stud tenderloin with cloves and rub with seasoning blend.
- Place roast in crock pot or slow cooker and top with onions.
- Cover pork with water and slow cook for 8-10 hours.
- Remove pork, discard cloves, then drain fat and water.
- Allow pork to cool, then shred by hand or with fork.
- Return meat to pot and add bbq sauce. Heat for 1-2 hours. Serve straight up or on a roll.
PROTEIN: 34 G
FAT: 10 G
CARBS: 6 G
Originally appeared in Robert Irvine Magazine.