4 tuna steaks, 1” thick (6-7 oz. each)
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
½ cup tomato, diced
¼ cup edamame, cooked
1 tbsp garlic, minced
2 tbsp basil, minced
2 tbsp capers, drained
1 tbsp parsley, minced
1 ¼ cups dry brown rice (4 cups cooked)
1 cup spinach leaves
- Season steaks with salt and pepper on both sides. Add oil to a sauté pan and heat for two minutes.
- Add tuna and cook for 2-3 minutes, flip, and reduce heat to medium-high.
- Cook for an additional 2 minutes, then add tomato, edamame, garlic, basil, capers, and parsley.
- Cook for another 2 minutes, remove tuna, and allow to rest while finishing the pan sauce.
- Add rice and spinach to the pan, allow to cook for additional 1 minute, toss ingredients with spoon or tongs, then remove from heat.
- Once the sauce and rice mixture is finished cooking, portion rice salad and top with tuna and basil.
“You have options when it comes to preparing the tuna. You can grill it, heat it in a sauté pan, or cook it under the broiler rack in your oven.”
PROTEIN: 63 g
FAT: 17 g
CARBS: 49 g